Selected as a Doody’s Core Title for 2022!
Offering expert guidance from seasoned clinicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, this bestselling handbook provides accurate, clinically essential information in a portable, quick-reference format. Broad-based, multidisciplinary coverage draws from the disciplines of anesthesiology, neurology, behavioral medicine, nursing, psychiatry, and physical therapy to provide practical, evidence-based information for sound therapeutic choices. Now in full color for the first time, The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Pain Management, Fourth Edition, contains numerous new chapters, new illustrations, and other features that keep you up to date with today’s latest approaches to pain management.
- Contains an extensive new section on interventional approaches to pain management, as well as new chapters on radiotherapy and radiopharmaceuticals for cancer pain and ethical considerations in pain medicine.
- Features new chapters on discography, epidural steroid injections; intrathecal drug delivery; peripheral nerve blocks; and sympathetic blockade.
- Includes handy appendices that provide useful medication information, basic science coverage relevant to clinical strategies, and numerous tables and chapter-opening outlines for quick reference.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Edited by Gary Brenner and James P. Rathmell