- Presents detailed discussions of common diseases, as well as highlights of more rare diseases and their unique features that could be of importance in the perioperative period.
- Includes the latest practice guidelines, easy-to-follow treatment algorithms, bulleted key points, and more.
- Contains two new chapters on Nutritional Diseases: Obesity and Malnutrition and Chronic Pain, and significantly revised content on valvular heart disease, heart failure and cardiomyopathies, pericardial disease and cardiac trauma, endocrine disease, diseases of aging, pregnancy-associated diseases, and more.
- Features abundant figures, tables, diagrams, and photos that provide fast access to the most pertinent aspects of every condition and clarify critical points regarding management.
- Examines specific anesthesia considerations for special patient populations, including pediatric, obstetric, and elderly patients.
- Ideal for anesthesiologists in practice and for anesthesia residents in training and preparing for boards.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 8th Edition
A valuable resource for anesthesia providers at all levels of training and practice, Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 8th Edition, provides concise, thorough coverage of pathophysiology of the most common diseases and their medical management relevant to anesthesia. Noted authority Dr. Roberta L. Hines and new editor Dr. Stephanie Jones lead a stellar team of contributing authors who provide clear, detailed guidance on successfully managing or avoiding complications stemming from pre-existing conditions.
Edited by Roberta L. Hines, MD, Nicholas M. Greene Professor and Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, Chief of Anesthesiology, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT and Stephanie B. Jones, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, MC 131