The #1 annually updated general medical text—presents the most important diagnostic and treatment recommendations as well as the most useful new clinical developments in every field of adult medicine.
For more than six decades, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment has been delivering the authoritative information students, residents, and clinicians need to build their medical knowledge, expertise, and confidence. Written by top experts in their fields, this unmatched guide is formatted in a way that enables readers to find the answers they need quickly and easily.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2024 reflects the latest developments in medicine, guidelines, references, and more. You’ll find authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders along with a concise, yet thorough synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. This trusted classic covers all aspects of outpatient and inpatient care and includes discussion of new developments and breakthroughs in medicine.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2024 features:
- A comprehensive approach to patient care, focusing on the diagnostic tools relevant to daily practice
- Coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders
- Hundreds of drug treatment tables for quick access to indexed trade names
- Annual updates to topics in all chapters in a consistent format, drugs, tables, and images
- Year in Review highlighting the many topics with significant clinical changes over the last year
- Essentials of Diagnosis for most diseases/disorders
- Diagnostic and treatment algorithms present complex information in an at-a-glance style
- Hundreds of full-color photos and illustrations
New to this edition:
- Latest USPSFT recommendations for cardiovascular risk prevention
- Significant new opioid prescribing guidelines from the CDC
- Clarification on the distinction between uncontrolled hypertensive and hypertension emergency
- Latest classification of lymphomas released by the WHO
- Recommendations for the initiation and titration of treatment for chronic hypertension in pregnancy
- Current treatment guidelines and medications for H pylori infection
- Classification of the role, dosing, and potential risks of JAK inhibitors and anti-23 antibody (Risankizumab) in the treatment of IBD
- Updates that underscore the growing utility of combination treatments for high LDL levels, especially among high and very high-risk patients
- The WHO revision of the pathological classification of renal cell carcinoma to assist with prognosis prediction and treatment decisions
By Maxine A. Papadakis, Stephen J. McPhee, Michael W. Rabow, Kenneth R. McQuaid, Monica Gandhi