Updated to reflect the newest changes in genetics, Thompson & Thompson’s Genetics in Medicine returns as one of the most favored texts in this fascinating and rapidly evolving field. By integrating the classic principles of human genetics with modern molecular genetics, this medical reference book utilizes a variety of learning tools to help you understand a wide range of genetic disorders.
- Acquire the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, pharmacogenetics, and bio-informatics.
- Better understand the relationship between basic genetics and clinical medicine with a variety of clinical case studies.
- Recognize a wide range of genetic disorders with visual guidance from more than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos.
New to this Edition
- Immerse yourself in updated graphics, full-color text, illustrations, line diagrams, and clinical photos of genetic diseases.
- Explore the latest genetic content available in order to remain up to date on the most current trends in the field.
- Take advantage of a double-page clinical case study section that demonstrates and reinforces general principles of disease inheritance, pathogenesis, diagnosis, management, and counseling.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills and better retain information. Each chapter ends with up to 5 quick genetic “problems” related to what has just been reviewed, with answers provided in the back of the book.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices. You’ll also access USMLE-style and multiple choice questions.
By Robert L. Nussbaum, MD, FACP, FACMG, Holly Smith Chair of Medicine and Science, Professor of Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics and Pathology, Department of Medicine and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California; Roderick R. McInnes, CM, MD, PhD, FRS(C), FCAHS, FCCMG, Alva Chair in Human Genetics, Canada Research Chair in Neurogenetics, Professor of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Director, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada and Huntington F Willard, PhD, President and Director, The Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, and, Professor of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
“This eighth edition is masterfully written by Nussbaum, McInnes, and Willard. Widely known as Thompson and Thompson, this is an instrumental book in the field.”
–Luis F. Escobar, MD, MS (St. Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center) Doody’s Score: 100 – 5 Stars!