For more than 30 years, Skeel’s Handbook of Cancer Therapy (formerly Handbook of Cancer Chemotherapy) has been the resource of choice for current, reliable information on cancer treatment for most adults. The 9th Edition reflects recent significant advances in the systemic treatment of cancer, including innovations in immunotherapy, oncology genomics, and molecular targeted therapy. An invaluable reference for all levels of physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals who provide care to cancer patients, this bestselling guide combines the most current rationale and the details necessary to safely administer pharmacologic therapy, offering a balanced synthesis between science and clinical practice.
- A new chapter on the Biologic Basis of Molecular Targeted Therapy, as well as a state-of-the-art review of the current development and use of novel immunotherapeutics, bring you up to date with the rationale and use of these newer agents in cancer treatment.
- Completely updated throughout to reflect current best practices, including primary indications, usual dosage and schedule, special precautions, and expected toxicities for dozens of new drugs and biologic agents.
- New contributors provide a fresh perspective on timely topics in cancer treatment and care.
- An updated section on supportive care reflects this essential aspect of the oncology team’s focus.
- Regularly updated Inkling content keeps you current with drug profiles and new immunotherapy advances.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use