For more than 60 years, Shackelford’s Surgery of the Alimentary Tract has served as the cornerstone reference in this fast-moving field. With comprehensive coverage of all aspects of GI surgery, the 8th Edition, by Drs. Charles J. Yeo, Steven R. DeMeester, David W. McFadden, Jeffrey B. Matthews, and James W. Fleshman, offers lavishly illustrated, authoritative guidance on endoscopic, robotic, and minimally invasive procedures, as well as current medical therapies. Each section is edited by a premier authority in GI surgery; chapters reflect key topics and are written by a “who’s who” of international experts in the field. It’s your one-stop resource for proven, systematic approaches to all relevant adult and pediatric GI disorders and operations
- Features an abundance of beautifully detailed intraoperative and laparoscopic photographs, as well as radiographs and line drawings, to enhance and clarify the text.
- Presents essential information, such as lists of differential diagnoses, in tabular format for quick reference.
New to this Edition
- Discusses recent, major advances in minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery, personalized therapy based on genomics and proteomics, and new pharmacologic treatments of various GI diseases.
- Includes all-new information on laparoscopy for rectal cancer, sacral nerve stimulation for incontinence and constipation, management of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, advances in immunosuppression for transplant patients, and new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Charles J. Yeo, MD, The Samuel D. Gross Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
“This is, simply, my favorite GI surgery book. I found it valuable as a senior resident, and I anticipate that it will be valuable in the future as the landscape of surgery changes. The foresight to include new surgical technologies, such as the POEM or the Magnetic Sphincter Augmentation Device (Linx), underscores the authors’ commitment to remaining current rather than focusing just on the tried and true surgical options. This is a complete book which, while perhaps lacking some of the more detailed molecular level information found in others, is an excellent resource for practicing surgeons or senior residents seeking to become expert in the field of GI surgery.” Reviewed by Peter Nau, MD, MS, FACS (University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics) Doody’s Score: 94, 4 Stars!
Author: Charles J. Yeo
Não existem opiniões ainda.