- Covers key procedures such as tympanoplasty and mastoidectomy, stapedectomy, and skull base surgery—everything from eardrum repair to complex skull base tumor removal.
- Provides step-by-step coverage of each procedure, including patient evaluation, patient selection, and patient counseling.
- Offers fully updated content throughout, with new content on endoscopic ear procedures, implantable hearing devices, and much more.
- Includes pediatric sections and revision surgery sections in each relevant chapter.
- Features an expanded video library covering facial reanimation, endoscopic techniques, infratemporal fossa approach, laser stapedotomy, exostosis repair, and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Otologic Surgery, 5th Edition
With its step-by-step approach and brilliant full-color design, Otologic Surgery, 5th Edition, provides the authoritative guidance you need to hone your surgical skills and ensure optimal outcomes for your patients. Renowned leaders in the field, led by Drs. Derald Brackmann, Clough Shelton, Moises Arriaga, and Richard K. Gurgel , cover surgical approaches to the ear and skull base, techniques, alternate approaches, and controversial issues. Hundreds of crisp line drawings, high-quality photographs, and more than 60 procedural videos provide detailed visual guidance.
Edited by Derald Brackmann, MD, Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Southern California School of Medicine; President, House Ear Clinic; Board of Directors, House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, CA; Clough Shelton, MD, Professor, Neuro-Otology and Skull Base Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT and Moises A. Arriaga, MD, Professor of Otolaryngology and Neurosurgery, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA