- Covers commonly performed and more complex vitreoretinal surgical techniques as well as surgical approaches to specific disorders—all using up-to-date methods and technology.
- Contains more than 300 high-quality clinical photographs and illustrations with clear explanations.
- Includes key topics such as scleral buckle surgery, vitrectomy surgery including 27 gauge, managing intraocular tumors, iris and scleral fixation of dislocated intraocular lenses, including the Yamane technique, the latest ROP surgical management, and modern vitreous implant surgical approaches.
- Discusses the latest techniques for repairing very large or failed macular holes, robotic retina and vitreous surgery, artificial retinal prosthesis surgery, and delivery of subretinal gene therapy.
- Highlights clinical pearls, pitfalls, and potential complications throughout.
- Features more than 60 video clips that demonstrate key procedures and techniques.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Operative Techniques in Vitreoretinal Surgery, 1st Edition
Master new procedures and improve outcomes with Operative Techniques in Vitreoretinal Surgery. This easy-to-read, “how-to surgical atlas offers expert, step-by-step guidance on how to successfully perform basic retina and vitreous surgery as well as more involved complex and advanced procedures. Edited by Abdhish R. Bhavsar, MD, this unique resource focuses on the essentials of operative technique, helping both the novice and advanced retina surgeon make the most of the latest, most effective procedures in this fast-moving field.
Edited by Abdhish Bhavsar, MD, Director, Clinical Research, Retina Center, and Vice Chairman of the Phillips Eye Institute, PA, Minneapolis, MN; Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN Director, Clinical Research