Grasp key concepts quickly with the visual, concise, and clinical approach to physiology found in this second edition of Netter’s Essential Physiology. Lucid prose combines with classic Netter art, clinical correlations, “light bulb” side notes, end-of-chapter questions, and brand-new videos to ensure a complete understanding of these complex concepts. Logically written and highly readable, it’s ideal for a basic understanding of physiology, as an overview of the subject, or as a supplement to lectures.
You may also be interested in: Netter’s Physiology Flash Cards: ISBN 978-0-323-35954-2, the companion flash cards to this book.
- Beautifully clear drawings and diagrams from the Netter collection illustrate key concepts and further your visual understanding of the subject.
- Self-assessment review questions at the end of each chapter serve to expedite study.
New to this Edition
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes access — on a variety of devices — to the complete text, 8 animations, and new video tutorials. You’ll also be able to test your knowledge with additional multiple-choice questions.
- A brand-new chapter on blood provides increased coverage of immunology.
- Additional “light bulb” boxes highlight interesting memorable details or examples providing enhanced context.
- A greater number of clinical correlations integrate pathophysiology into the content.
- New video tutorials explain difficult concepts and help to reinforce comprehension of the material.
By Susan Mulroney, PhD, Georgetown University Medical Center and Adam Myers, PhD, Professor, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC