Unique in the field of cardiac surgery, Khonsari’s Cardiac Surgery: Safeguards and Pitfalls in Operative Technique details the most important techniques in a concise, readable, and richly illustrated format, with a focus on avoiding and managing surgical pitfalls and complications. From general considerations through the surgical correction of acquired and congenital heart conditions, it provides a wealth of practical, hands-on guidance to help both seasoned and less-experienced cardiac surgeons achieve optimal outcomes.
- Apply the very latest know-how with new sections on endovascular procedures, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), new approaches to Norwood reconstruction and repair of Ebstein anomaly, and alternative anatomic repairs of congenitally corrected transposition, as well as thorough updates to all chapters.
- Master nuances of surgical technique thanks to a wealth of step-by-step illustrations, many of them new, others colorized for greater clarity.
- Optimize outcomes with special coverage of avoiding and managing technical pitfalls and complications.
- Spot important details with the aid of distinctive “Nota Bene” notations.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
By Abbas Ardehali and Jonathan M. Chen