Written by renowned epidemiologists and public health experts this unique text provides complete concise coverage of epidemiology biostatistics preventive medicine and public health in clear easy-to-understand terms. One convenient volume delivers must-know content in four complex areas—information that’s sure to be covered in today’s classrooms and on USMLE exams—presented with a clinical focus and real-life medical examples throughout. Depth of coverage concise writing style outstanding online review questions a clinical emphasis . these features and more make Jekel’s your go-to resource for learning study and review.
- Focuses on clinical problem solving and decision making using epidemiologic
concepts and examples.
- Contains more clinical cases throughout, including global examples.
- Offers expanded coverage of the impact of big data and precision medicine,
as well as an updated and reorganized biostatistics section.
- Features quick-reference boxes that showcase key concepts and calculations,
and dynamic illustrations that facilitate learning using a highly visual approach.
- Provides almost 300 multiple-choice chapter review questions and answers in print,
with additional questions and more online at Student Consult.
- Aligns content to board blueprints for the USMLE as well as the three specialties
certified by the American Board of Preventive Medicine: Occupational Medicine, and
Public Health & General Preventive Medicine—and is recommended by the ABPM
as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you
to access all the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Evolve Instructor site, with an image and table bank as well as chapter overviews as
PowerPoints, is available to instructors through their Elsevier sales rep or via request