- Covers foundational visual optics knowledge, from refraction to reflection, vergence, and more in a fun, easy-to-read format.
- Features a highly visual format, with full-colour illustrations, tables, and boxes throughout to aid in understanding and memory recall.
- Discusses underlying principles of several key ophthalmic imaging techniques.
- Includes experiments you can try at home (create your own cornea, build a camera obscura, create a blue sky in your kitchen, create an interference film, create a prism) with companion demonstration videos to facilitate and apply key learning objectives.
- Contains approximately 200 practice questions and equations throughout that test your knowledge of core concepts.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
Introduction to Visual Optics, 1st Edition
Get the foundational knowledge you need in the area of visual optics with the text that is easy to comprehend, visually appealing, and engaging from cover to cover. Introduction to Visual Optics: A Light Approach covers the basic information you need in this complex area in a significantly more approachable manner than other resources on the market. You’ll find clear, easy-to-read explanations that work hand-in-hand with colourful charts, graphs, illustrations, and diagrams created by the author, Dr. Samantha Strong. This unique text is perfect for optometry students, optometrists, ophthalmology residents, student dispensing opticians, and others in the eye care field.
By Samantha Strong, PhD