Highly regarded by anesthesiologists, residents, and nurse anesthetists, Essence of Anesthesia Practice, 4th Edition by Drs. Lee A. Fleisher, Michael F. Roizen, and Jeffrey Roizen, is a trusted resource for point-of-care anesthesia management. Concise, easy-to-find summaries cover a single clinical topic for both common and rare conditions. A renewed focus on diseases and drugs makes this edition even more useful when formulating anesthesia plans and mastering the core knowledge of anesthesia practice.
- Features a unique, easy-to-follow, consistent format that covers a single clinical topic on each page, with a review of its problems, causes, comorbidities, and anesthesia implications.
- Helps you understand the interactions of common drugs and alternative medicine so that you can develop effective anesthesia plans.
New to this Edition
- Includes more than 105 new disease topics (with more coverage of rarer diseases) and new drug information featuring 20 new drugs that patients take on an outpatient basis.
- Offers fresh insights on nearly 550 topics – many authored by new contributors to this edition.
- Keeps you current with the latest perioperative anesthetic implications including anticipated problems, drug interactions, and special concerns.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos (including video updates), glossary, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Lee A Fleisher, MD, FACC, Robert Dunning Dripps Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Professor of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, Senior Fellow, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Michael F. Roizen, MD, Dean of the School of Medicine and Vice President of Biomedical Affairs, Professor of Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY and Jeffrey Roizen, MD, Attending Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The book covers an extremely broad collection of diseases (both adult and pediatric) and outlines the anesthetic issues posed by the various disease states. For the past 20 years, this book has been one of the most used books, on my bookshelf. It’s a fantastic resource when you want to review specific anesthetic challenges posed by a patient’s comorbidity or drug usage.” Reviewed by David B. Glick, MD, MBA (University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine) Doody’s Score: 93, 4 Stars!