Endoscopic orbital procedures are at the forefront of today’s multidisciplinary patient care and team approach to problem-solving. Endoscopic Surgery of the Orbit offers state-of-the-art expert guidance on minimally invasive orbit techniques that promise a more streamlined approach to comprehensive patient care improved patient satisfaction and superior outcomes. This unique resource reflects the contemporary unparalleled partnership between otolaryngology neurosurgery and ophthalmology that often also includes a cohesive team of clinicians from many other specialties.
- Provides expert perspectives from thought leaders in various specialties, including otolaryngologists, ophthalmologists, neurosurgeons, endocrinologists, medical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, and pathologists.
- Details the two-surgeon, multi-handed surgical techniques that have revolutionized the management of complex pathologies involving the orbit and skull base.
- Covers the full breadth of endoscopic orbital procedures—from advanced intraconal tumor removal and intracranial techniques involving the optic nerve and optic chiasm to more routine endoscopic procedures such as orbital decompressions, E-DCR, fracture repair, and subperiosteal abscess drainage.
- Reviews key topics such as neuromonitoring in orbital and skull base surgery, endoscopic surgery of the intraconal space for tumor resection, Transorbital NeuroEnodscopic Surgery (TONES), and reconstruction of the orbit.
- Includes tips and pearls on safe and effective procedures as well as novel approaches and innovations in the equipment used to perform these popular procedures.
- Provides superb visual reinforcement with more than 400 high-definition images of anatomy, imaging, and surgical techniques, as well as procedural videos.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.