Logically organized and easy to use, Drugs for Pregnant and Lactating Women, 3rd Edition, is your #1 resource for details on how virtually all of today’s drugs and herbal supplements interact with pregnancy and lactation. More than just a dosing manual, this unique title by Dr. Carl P. Weiner fully explains whether each drug is FDA-approved for use by expecting or nursing mothers, is known to be safe for use, or is known to pose a danger. With up-to-date coverage of nearly 2,000 substances, it provides the thorough details you need to choose the most effective course of treatment.
- Covers nearly 2,000 substances (more than 30 are new), arranged alphabetically by both trade and generic name, all updated and rewritten for this edition. Includes over-the-counter drugs and alternative medications as well as prescription drugs.
- Includes extensive updates to information for breastfeeding mothers and enhanced drug interactions throughout.
- Helps you make prescribing decisions with current information on whether each drug is FDA-approved for use by expecting or nursing mothers, is known to be safe for use, or is known to pose a danger.
- Describes each substance’s mechanism of action, side effects, drug-drug interactions, dosage, cost of therapy, and degree of safety during pregnancy or lactation.
- Features an easy-to-read, efficient design with consistent headings, highly templated drug listings, and succinct text that presents only the key facts you need.
- Contains a special index listing drugs by category.
- Points out conflicts in FDA class with existing knowledge throughout the book.
- Indicates not only whether the FDA has approved a drug based on clinical trials, but also whether the drug is generally considered to be safe in the absence of FDA approval.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
New to this Edition
- Features new letter thumb tabs for easier navigation.
- Includes dozens of new drugs and thorough updates throughout.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos (including video updates), glossary, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Carl P. Weiner, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
Não existem opiniões ainda.