From the simple to the complex, Complications of Urologic Surgery, 5th Edition, by Drs. Samir S. Taneja and Ojas Shah, offers concise, to-the-point information on prevention and management strategies that help you provide the best patient care. Covering both office-based complications as well as common and uncommon surgical complications arising from open and minimally invasive urologic surgery, this updated, full-color volume is an invaluable resource for exam study or for convenient reference in everyday practice.
Contains hundreds of self-assessment questions, case studies, and minimally invasive surgery videos on Expert Consult, as well as review questions and illustrated case studies throughout the book.
New to this Edition
- Contains 14 new chapters including Management of Urine Leak, Urologic Surgery in the Pregnant Female, Complications of Gender Assignment Surgery, Urologic Surgery in the Previously Radiated Field, Complications of Robotic Pelvic Floor Reconstruction, and Complications of Robotic Cystectomy.
- Keeps you up to date with current preoperative management concerns including complications with effusion, hydrothorax, hemothorax, diaphragm injury, pneumonia, and air embolus.
- Features more than 180 superb new illustrations, graphs, and tables for easier understanding of complex concepts.
- Reviews new anticoagulant drugs and their risks and benefits.
- Provides thoroughly updated content on oncology, endourology, and pediatric surgeries – all areas experiencing tremendous changes since the previous edition.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Samir S. Taneja, MD, Associate Professor and Director, Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY and Ojas Shah, MD, Assistant Professor, Director of Endourology, Department of Urology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York