Offering unique, comprehensive coverage of both basic science and clinical scenarios, Clinical Immunology: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition, brings you up to date with every aspect of this fast-changing field. It examines the molecular, cellular, and immunologic bases of immunologic diseases and their broader systemic implications; and includes complete coverage of all common and less common disorders. Updated with all the latest immunologic research and clinical implications, including breakthrough immunotherapies and molecular-based treatment protocols, this fully revised edition provides authoritative guidance from some of the most respected global leaders in immunology in one complete, well-illustrated volume.
- Includes extensive revisions that reflect rapidly expanding research and clinical advances, including breakthrough drug and immunotherapies such as immune checkpoint inhibitors, immunotherapies for cancer, precision medicine, and transfusion medicine.
- Contains new chapters on COVID-19, immune responses, and the role of the immune system; immunoregulatory deficiencies; immune checkpoints; CAR T cells, including new cellular-based immunotherapy; gene therapy, including CRISPR and gene selection; and a clinically focused chapter on asthma.
- Provides new genetics content focused on data applications.
- Addresses notable advances in key areas such as the importance of the microbiota to normal immune system development and to the pathogenesis of immunologic and inflammatory diseases; relationships between the innate and adaptive immune systems; progress in rapid and cost-effective genomics; cell signaling pathways and the structure of cell-surface molecules; and many more.
- Covers hot topics such as the role of genetics and genomics in immune response and immunologic disease, atherosclerosis, recurrent fever syndromes, aging and deficiencies of innate immunity, the role of microbiota in normal immune system development and in the pathogenesis of immunologic and inflammatory diseases, and novel therapeutics.
- Features a user-friendly format with color-coded boxes highlighting critical information on Key Concepts, Clinical Pearls, Clinical Relevance, and Therapeutic Principles.
- Summarizes promising research and development anticipated over the next 5–10 years with “On the Horizon” boxes and discussions of translational research.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
Edited by Robert R. Rich, MD, Professor of Medicine and Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA; Thomas A. Fleisher, MD, FAAAAI, FACAAI, Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics, USUHA, Chief, Department of Laboratory Medicine, NIH Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD, USA; Harry W. Schroeder Jr., II, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Microbiology, and Genetics, Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Director, UAB Program in Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA; Cornelia M. Weyand, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine: Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford, CA, USA ; David B. Corry and Jennifer M. Puck
Não existem opiniões ainda.