- Offers concise, focused coverage of all aspects of managing interventional cardiology patients, highlighting cautions, procedural nuances and tips, and outcomes.
- Covers all the newest catheterization techniques and equipment, including new-generation stents, mechanical support devices, imaging technology, and closure devices.
- Offers complete coverage of structural heart disease and new developments in heart valve disease, including TAVI and mitral valve procedures.
- Provides updates on the latest procedures, devices, and clinical guidelines for evidence-based practice.
- Uses a clear, easy-to-follow organization with separate sections on coronary artery interventions, peripheral artery interventions, cerebrovascular interventions, venous interventions, structural heart interventions, and congenital heart disease.
- Features more than 506 high-quality illustrations and access to 176 procedural videos.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
Cardiovascular Intervention, 2nd Edition A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease
Part of the renowned Braunwald family of references, Cardiovascular Intervention: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease provides today’s clinicians with clear, authoritative guidance on every aspect of catheterization of the heart and vasculature and the latest imaging technologies. This practical reference on interventional cardiology is organized from a procedural perspective, with chapters focused exclusively on how to manage complex cardiovascular disease. Now fully updated from cover to cover, the 2nd Edition offers authoritative and current point-of-care coverage of this highly complex, technology-driven specialty—an ideal resource for practitioners at all levels of experience.
Edited by Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH, Executive Director of Interventional Cardiovascular Programs, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Heart and Vascular Center and Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA