The undisputed leading text in its market, Basics of Anesthesia, 7th Edition, provides comprehensive coverage of both basic science and clinical topics in anesthesiology. Drs. Manuel C. Pardo, Jr. and Ronald D. Miller, in conjunction with many new contributors, have ensured that all chapters are thoroughly up to date and reflect the latest advances in today’s practice. Unparalleled authorship, concise text, easy-to-read chapters, and a user-friendly format make this text the #1 primer on the scope and practice of anesthesiology.
- Presents the combined expertise of two of the most prolific and renowned anesthesia experts worldwide, along with more than 80 expert contributing authors.
- Uses a concise, at-a-glance format to cover both the basic science and essential clinical aspects of the field, including pathophysiology, pharmacology, regional anesthesia, anesthetic management, and special problems and patient groups.
- Features high-quality images that offer a detailed visual understanding of regional anesthesiology and much more.
New to this Edition
- Includes new topics and chapters on Neurotoxicity of Anesthesia, Palliative Care, Sleep Medicine, Perioperative Surgical Home, Trauma, and Natural/Human-Induced Disasters.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Manuel Pardo, MD, Professor of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco; San Francisco, California and Ronald D. Miller, MD, MS, Professor Emertius of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California